Tartan Canada Corporation is a successful, established company that provides quality, cost-effective and reliable services for plant maintenance, and turnaround and capital construction projects for customers located throughout Western Canada. We are focused on the Energy Industry (heavy oil upgraders, coal fired power plants, oil refineries, gas processing plants), as well as non-energy sectors (petrochemical, mining, fertilizer/potash, pulp and paper).
Tartan Canada Corporation is actively accepting resumes for the position of Level 1 Systems Administrator.
• Understand and adhere to Tartan’s safety policies and procedures
• Microsoft Windows system administration support, to include Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 installations, file system sharing, security and security policies, auditing, and management; adding and configuring devices.
• Configure, administer and maintain Mail, Application, and, HTTP servers.
• Monitor, evaluate and optimize system performance, assist with disaster recovery procedures and system backup strategies.
• As a single point of contact, provide an outstanding customer service experience for a wide variety of clients
• Share knowledge and provide assistance across end users as needed
• Stay current with on-going and past incidents, maintaining the highest levels of customer service
• Continuously strive for infrastructure and processes improvement
• Document and maintain technical material as needed
• Maintain, troubleshoot, and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), da-ta mainframes, computer workstations, and peripheral equipment
• Evaluate, install, and repair computer hardware and software as well as networking and operation infrastructure
• Troubleshoot both internal office and remote site systems
• Laptop and desktop computer imaging, setup, and configuration
• Creation and upkeep of computer images to ensure standardized configurations across systems
• Setup, configuration, maintenance, and support of wireless handhelds, cell phones, printers, and tablets
• Assist with current and new software/hardware update process, testing and upgrade as needed
• Possibility for light travel as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Team player and committed to safety and quality
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and field users
• Strong analytical skills, a solid understanding for interpreting business and customer needs and to translate them into application and operational requirements
• Organization, time management ability
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
• Must be a self-starter with proven ability to make comprehensive decisions
• The ability to concentrate on detailed work
• Driven to succeed – experience setting aggressive targets, proved record of meeting and exceeding goals
• Motivation to work in a deadline orientated environment
• Energetic and enjoys a fast pace, dynamic, challenging and team orientated environment
• Dependable and reliable
• Accountable and responsible
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive information effectively, high level of accuracy
• Manual dexterity, good vision (glasses are acceptable), hand-eye coordination, ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Minimum 2 years IT experience with an emphasis on Microsoft technologies
• Solid proficiency with Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, Active Directory, WSUS
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft SQL Server Express
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting Blackberry Enterprise and Professional Servers
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting a variety of Antivirus, Anti-Spam and Backup software packages
• Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft products such as Microsoft Office suit, including Microsoft Access.
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting network connectivity, including inspection of routers and firewalls
• Experience with VMware & Hyper-V product suites
• Experience with Webservers: Microsoft IIS, Apache, MySQL, PHP, and Perl
• Previous experience working with IP telephony solutions and Apple computing products
• Current Microsoft, Cisco or Juniper certifications a plus
• Post-secondary technical education
This is an excellent career opportunity for an individual who has initiative and drive to be part of a growing and thriving team. This organization has excellent leadership and mentorship available. Compensation will commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates are encouraged to fax or email an up-to-date resume with references to 780-401-3526 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.